Konami has posted a pre E3 show on their website. Noteworthy items from the pre E3 show include: an interview with Hideo Kojima, details on the new Silent Hill Movie to be released in 3D, and Hideo Kojima will be teaching game development courses at USC in the near future. Here are the Top 5 announcements from Konami’s pre E3 show:
5. Metal Gear Solid 3DS – Metal Gear Solid 3 will be making an appearance on the Nintendo 3DS. However, it will not be a straight port. There will be enhancements made to gameplay. For example, the stereoscopic camera can be used to take a picture. Subsequently, that picture can be used in MGS 3D for camouflage as “photo-camo”. Additionally, when Snake is walking across bridges and climbing trees MGS 3D will make use of the gyro sensor. Tilting the 3DS too far to the left or right will cause Snake to fall and lose his balance.
4. Metal Gear Solid Collection – Metal Gear: Peacewalker will be released with Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 in November 2011 for the PS3 and XBox 360. Xbox fans should be particularly excited about this since MGS up until this point has been PS3 exclusive. All 3 games will be remastered in HD.
3. NeverDead – NeverDead is a new 3rd person action game from Konami. The story is set 500 years in the past, and the main character is a cursed demon hunter named Bryce who (yep you guessed it) never dies. Early gameplay trailers show Bryce taking a beating, even losing limbs. Then, moving over to the dismembered limbs and re-attaching them. It’s worth noting the game will feature a new song from Megadeth. My personal bias, tempted me to rank this higher on that fact alone. Alas, I resisted.
2. Silent Hill – Three new Silent Hill games have been confirmed. Silent Hill Collection will be re-release of Silent Hill 2 and 3 in HD. Silent Hill Downpour will be released later this year on the XBOX 360 and PS3. Lastly, Silent Hill Book of Memories has been confirmed for Sony’s NGP. After 7 years, it’s about time for another Silent Hill release. I was sleeping way too easy at night.
1. Transfarring – Transfarring is a new concept that Hideo Kojima came up with. Starting with the PSP remaster series of Metal Gear users will be able to transfer save data between the PSP and the PS3. For example, if you go on vacation you can bring your PSP with you play Metal Gear: Peacewalker while on vacation. Then when you return home you can sync the PSP save data with the PS3, and pick up right where you left off. It’s a cool concept. I’m really surprised someone didn’t think of this sooner.
Love the column, hate the column, got a better idea? Email Slacker at email@example.com