The PSN welcome back package has been released! The previously mentioned content is now available. Make sure to get your package before July 3rd, the welcome back package will expire on that date. Also, the section of “On Us” movies provided by Sony will be available for this weekend only. For a full list of questions and answers visit the US Playstation Blog
5. Beyond Good and Evil – At #5 we have the HD remake of Beyond Good and Evil, originally for the PS2. While certainly not up to today’s platforming standards (it is a remake after all), it does have some fun activities. In addition to fighting enemies you can take pictures and pilot a hovercraft. It’s worth playing if you have a few hours to kill. Especially if you’re interested in Beyond Good and Evil 2, which will be coming out in the future.
4. Gatling Gears – I had an opportunity to play this game at PAX with Pilot. It’s very fun, and very addicting. Think “Smash TV” with robots and tanks. For those that haven’t played either, Gatling Gears is a shooter with a top-down view. Action comes at you from all angles, and you’re given a series of guns and bombs with the simple task of destroying everything in your path. It’s simple, yet fun.
3. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC – Later this month Konami will be releasing its second DLC for Lords of Shadow. Whereas the first one finished the main game story, the second one details the fate of the Belmont Clan. Even though Castlevania has departed from its roots, I still like Lord of Shadows. This should be an awesome release.
2. Fallout: New Vegas DLC – There are two Fallout DLCs being released this month, Honest Hearts and Old World Blues. Honest Hearts takes you on an expedition to the wilderness of Zion National Park. Things go horribly wrong when your caravan is ambushed by a tribal raiding band. In Old World Blues you will discover how some of the Mojave’s mutated monsters came to be when you unwittingly become a lab rat in a science experiment gone awry. Both DLCs should be cool. Fallout is a solid shooter with some of the sexiest head shots around.
1. Uncharted 3 beta – Clearly this is the winner, by a landslide. The Uncharted 3 beta is scheduled to run for Playstation Plus members from 6/28 to 7/4. I’m sure the few people who don’t get Infamous 2 will access the beta through the free Playstation Plus membership in the welcome back package. The six confirmed multi-player modes are: Six-Player 3-Team Deathmatch, Five-Player Team Deathmatch, Plunder, Team Objective, Eight-player Free For All, and High Stakes. Three additional modes will be revealed, but have not been named. The weapons arsenal includes the AK-47, G-Mal, RPG’s, pistols and Dragon Sniper. For details check out the Uncharted 3 website