Have you ever wondered what Borderlands 2 would look like without the cel shading? Well if you have the game on Steam you’ll be able to find out by using a special in-game edit.
To remove the cel shading follow these instructions:
- Go to your .ini config files directory.
- Then look for C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Borderlands 2/Willow Game/Config
- Find WillowEngine.ini (or DefaultEngine.ini)
- Ctrl-F to find “WillowScenePostProcess”
- Then replace with “CinematicScenePostProcess”*
For those not familiar with cel shading, cel shading is a type of rendering that makes computer graphics appear cartoonish by adding black outlines and non-photorealistic lighting to objects.