In honor of the upcoming May 21st rapture, we thought it would be a good time to reflect on our top 5 favorite games dealing with the end of the world. Since we don’t have much time lets get right to it as quickly as possible.
5. Darksiders – What better game to start the list than a game where you play as one of the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse. Even with that coincidence the game is a great game to boot.
4. Final Fantasy X – The whole game faces you off against the entity Sin which threatens to end the world over and over. It is until a summoner does their thing and stops Sin from destroying everything. This is probably not going to be the way things go down here but it sure makes you want to learn how to summon.
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time – Sure this game isn’t completely about the end of the world but you do get to see the ruins of Hyrule so the end of the world did come during the game. Either way it was pretty eerie and I am sure that is how things would be if the world ended. Not to mention this is one of the best Zelda games in the series, so that helps too.
2. Fallout 3 – One of my personal favorites and a poster child for a post apocalyptic game. Here you walk around the ruins of Washington DC and the immediate outskirts and encounter small clusters of survivors much as I would expect you would find after the real apocalypse.
1. Final Fantasy VII – We leave the best for last. Not an apocalyptic game you say? Well I beg to differ, to not give away any spoilers there is a part where some things bring about the end of other things. Yeah its vague but you’ll just have to take my word for it.
Ok fellow gamers I guess that is it. I hope you have a fallout shelter stocked with goods because if these games are any indication of the real thing we are in for some tough times. Until then keep gaming! Don’t agree with my selections? Thing you have a better one? Sound off below and let me know.