Routine is a first person survival horror game where players must explore a Moon base and discover the reason behind the disappearance of the team stationed at the Lunar Research Station. Developed by Lunar Software, Routine appears to be an amalgamation of past horror titles such as Dead Space and Amnesia. It is great to see more small teams developing indie horror titles, the smaller developers are really helping to resurrect a genre that has been seemingly left behind by many of the triple A game studios.
On their website, Lunar Software mention several features that define Routine's gameplay, which are also listed below.
- A non linear experience lets you expl
ore any part of the fully open Moon base and find out secrets other players may not!
- There are no health packs or multiple lives, in Routine there is a Perma Death system that will keep you on the edge!
- Be immersed with Full body awareness, Deadzone aiming, no HUD, no health bars or points system… you must run, hide and survive!
- An 80′s vision of the future that presents itself in audio and visuals!
- Randomized environmental hazards, AI locations and useful aids.
- Find floppy disks to upgrade your Cosmonaut Assistance Tool that will directly affect how your weapon reacts.
Routine is being developed by Lunar Software, a team of only three young developers who are collaborating with Mick Gordon, who will serve as the game's audio director. Confirmation of a release date isn't currently available but the teaser trailer does confirm that Routine will arrive at some point in 2013.