Hi-Rez Studios is celebrating the world not ending with a large content and feature update to their action online game SMITE.
Today’s update to SMITE Beta includes:
- Introduction of first Mayan God – Xbalanque, The Hidden Jaguar Sun
- New Limited Availability Holiday skins – Jingle Hel and “Father Chrishmash” Bacchus.
- New Joust art treatment and map
- New Joust queue for 1v1. Joust formerly require a Party to play
- Match of The Day – A special themed mode that is different each day.
- Conquest Map Layout & Art Changes
- UI enhancements including new God Selection Screen
- Includes a new stat category, “Focus”, that scales up Utility-based abilities – crowd control, heals, buffs and debuffs
- Additional ways to customize your god build within each match via stats in addition to items
- Visual outline around characters. With user option to enable/disable
- Domination Game Mode changes and improvements
- Arena Game Mode changes and improvements
- Merged Conquest Queue (Novice, Normal and 5v5 all one queue now; 4-person teams can now queue).
Check out the video below for a closer look at Xbalanque and stay tuned to New Gamer Nation for more information.