Now we’re entering the top 10 features of our top 20 features. Did your favorite moment from E3 make the top 10? Read on to find out.
10. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – It’s a little disappointing that skyward sword will not be on the WiiU in HD, but it’s still a Zelda game nonetheless. From the early looks of the game, the graphics are similar to Twilight Princess with a few slight differences. Skyward Sword will also take full advantage of the Wii’s motion controls. Based on the player’s movement, Link will block with his shield, shoot a bow and arrow, and can even switch between weapons on the fly. Other interesting additions include the use of a flying beetle and a whip. I’m also interested to see how the “swordless dungeons” play.
9. Final Fantasy XIII 2 – The sequel to one of the more controversial games in the Final Fantasy Franchise comes in at number 9. This is only the second true sequel in the history of the series. For better or worse, the battle system remains basically the same as FFXIII. There are however a couple interesting additions such as quicktime events and recruiting enemies to your team. Outside of battle, you’ll also be capable of jumping. Square has also said that FF XIII-2 will be less linear than FF XIII. Let’s also hope that the full battle system is available from the start in this one. Not having Vanille in the game is a nice start.
8. Bioshock Infinite – Little has excited us as much as the last time we ventured into the underworld of Rapture with Bioshock. Now with a new setting and a similar feel, there is a lot to get excited about. There was a new weapon called a Skyhook that is used to get around in Columbia, the new setting for the game. This didn’t seem too exciting after hearing about it the first time but seeing it in action was awesome. With lots of fast paced actions and gorgeous visuals this game is going to be something special.
7. Street Fighter X Tekken – this looks like another fun cross over fighting game. The graphics look similar to SSFIV and the tag system seems similar to MVC3. Street Fighter X Tekken seems to maintain the traditional elements of a SF game, fast action, over the top combos, and just all around fun. I’m sure there’ll also be online play. The addition of Cole McGrath is pretty cool too.
6. PSVita – The PSVita looked absolutely amazing at E3. There’ll be tons of great games at launch such as Little Big Planet and Uncharted. Games will be PS3 compatable. So I can play on the PS3, download my save datato my PSP and play the same game anywhere. The motion controls are an awesome touch. I really like that I can choose how I play the game. I can use motion controls or the traditional joysticks. The price point is reasonable too. $250 for the wifi only version, and $300 for the 3G version. Sadly the 3G version will be supported by AT&T‘s network. Boooo.