Polygon has a source that started a number of rumors about the next Xbox that reveal a number of interesting features that the console will include. Check out the list below for the highlights:
- The next generation console is rumored to allow “cross-game” achievements where players can earn Gamerscore from playing two different games or on two different platforms.
- There won’t be a cap on the number of Xbox Live friends you can have.
- You will be able to “follow” gamers to get updates from them similar to Twitter.
- A video sharing system allowing you to post gameplay to YouTube directly from the console.
- The console will have “some form” of always-on requirement. This is designed to support apps, stream video services, and act as a possible anti-piracy tool.
- Digital rights management and anti-piracy checks will be present through an Internet connection. This could be a one-time authentication or a constant connection, it depends on the publisher.
So there you have it! What do you think about these rumors? Leave your comments below and let us know which features you want to see the most.