For those out there that don’t know me, I have long been a fan of all types of music, but video game music in particular always seems to resonate with me more than others. Listening to video game music sweeps back pleasant memories and epic moments within a game, filling me up with those ‘joy-joy’ feelings.
Super Metroid is easily in my top 10 games of all time and has an amazing score that goes with it. Available today, you can pick up The Synthetic Orchestra’s ‘Super Metroid Symphony’ – an orchestral homage to Nintendo’s classic Super Metroid soundtrack.
Every second of music from the original game has been lovingly recreated using an ultra-realistic, virtual orchestra and the latest audio software. “Super Metroid Symphony’ builds on Kenji Yamamoto & Minako Hamano’s original soundtrack and delivers the symphonic experience that this classic score deserves.
The soundtrack contains 30 pieces of music based on the original in-game soundtrack that will take you step-by-step through the game. A short preview is available in the video below followed by the complete track listing.
1. Science Academy Research Station
2. The Super Metroid Prologue
3. Deserted Ceres Space Colony
4. Ridley – Draygon Encounter
5. To Planet Zebes
6. Arrival on Crateria
7. Beneath Crateria
8. The Space Pirates Emerge
9. Overgrown with Vegetation
10. Spore Spawn – Botwoon Encounter
11. Inside the Item Room
12. The Red Soil Swamp of Brinstar
13. Hostile Incoming
14. Kraid – Crocomire – Phantoon Encounter
15. Burning in the Fires of Zebes
16. Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior
17. The Quiet, Wrecked Ship
18. Powering on the Lost Vessel
19. Maridia’s Rocky Underground Water
20. Quicksand underneath Maridia
21. Norfair’s Ancient Ruins
22. Chozo Statue Awakens
24. The Mysterious Statue Chamber
25. Tourian – The Rebuilt Headquarters
26. Mother Brain – The Final Battle
27. Immediate Evacuatation
28. The end of Planet Zebes
Make sure to visit http://www.metroidorchestra.com/ for more information as well as previews of each song.