Sony’s PlayStation App was announced back in February and is now available for download on your iOS /Android smartphone or tablet. With Sony’s highly anticipated PlayStation 4 releasing this Friday, many have already downloaded the app despite the fact that they don’t have access to the console.
The PlayStation App will allow you to:
- Push games from the PlayStation Store directly to your PS4, so you can play when you get home.
- Allow you to use your mobile device for in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.
- See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.
- Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4 system.
- Quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
You can now download the app from either the App Store or Google Play but for our European readers, you will need to wait just a little bit longer as a release is expected next week on November 22. Check out the screenshots below and let us know what you think.