If you have been waiting and waiting for Firefall to open the flood gates on the beta, then that wait is almost over. Red 5 Studios has announced today that the open beta will launch on July 9, 2013.
We’re incredibly excited to be nearing what we consider to be the most important stage of Firefall’s development – Open Beta. For us, Open Beta isn’t a traditional ‘marketing beta’, but rather an opportunity to include many more players in our community-driven development process. We’re looking forward to welcoming these new players into the community and continuing to build an amazing game together.
– James Macauley, Vice President of Development, Red 5 Studios
New updates will continue to roll out leading up to the open beta, so if you are currently enrolled int he closed beta there are still plenty of goodies to look forward to including:
- City Power Levels: Players will receive new bonuses and rewards in the open world by increasing the power level of major cities through local missions and encounters.
- Melding Exploration: By raising city power levels and unlocking special dropships, players will finally be able to enter and explore pockets of the deadly Melding energy storm surrounding New Eden.
- Chosen Instances: Fortifying the open world allows players to take the fight to the Chosen, driving back the hostile alien race in epic new battle instances.
- Crafting and Progression: Players will continue to see major additions to crafting and Battleframe progression (including the new UI).