For those that are fans of the site, you’ll know that we are big fans of The Binding of Isaac. News has spread that this game may be appearing on major consoles, however, creator of the series Edmund McMillen has released some details concerning the port.
- The port is looking like it will definitely be on the PS3 / PS Vita and PC. Talks are currently underway with Microsoft and Nintendo to get the game on their networks. Rumblings of an iOS version are true but there are some control reservations.
- This game will include all the content from the original Binding of Isaac and Wrath of the Lamb and will feature an all new expansion that will feature a new final chapter, ending, 2 new playable characters and tons more items, rooms, enemies, bosses and the like.
- The game will feature content that was removed from the flash version of the game due to limitations
- The game will feature LOCAL 2 player co-op, there will be no online play due to the time it would take to implement
- The game will go into full time development the 1st of the year and is set to be finished by the end of the year
- The game will feature new music by Danny B as well as some remixes of old tunes.
- Edmund McMillen will be the lead designer on the project, making sure things are as perfect as he can make them and as true to the original as possible. He will also be designing all the new content and features.
- The game will be getting a full 16-bit make over.
- A loyalty pre-order discount to anyone who owns the game on pc is possible