Today Sony Online Entertainment announces a new game called Bullet Run. Bullet Run is an upcoming new free-to-play first-person shooter. Developed by ACONY Games and available later this summer for the PC, Bullet Run is a team-based multiplayer game that puts players in a reality TV game show, where contestants showcase their deadly talents in the name of fame.
“While our games portfolio continues to grow across many different genres of online gaming, the addition of Bullet Run brings an entirely new level of entertainment to the gameplay experience for both the free-to-play community and fans of first-person shooters,” said Christopher Sturr, Executive Director of Business Development and Corporate Strategy, Sony Online Entertainment. “The game promises a high energy persistent combat experience that few FPS games have obtained, while also lowering the barriers of entry for more casual players looking for a unique gaming experience.”“We are excited to bring players what we think will be the best FPS experience in the PC free-to-play market,” said Andre Herbst, Founding Partner and Marketing Director, ACONY. “We designed Bullet Run with the same quality and attention to detail as a AAA retail product but focused on making it a great game experience for a full range of players regardless of their skill level.”“We believe the sexier, media-driven storyline sets it apart from other FPS games and will continue to attract new players who might be tired of the same military shooters,” added Frank Trigub, Founding Partner, ACONY.
- Free for download for the PC. Additional content is available for purchase in the in-game marketplace.
- Unique abilities can be trained and unleashed during combat. Each brings in cutting-edge technology for players to use in their match and are unlocked as contestants earn Heat. These include damage heals, berserker mode, enemy-trapping robots, aerial ammo attacks, devastating mini-gun action, and more.
- The game offers an Active Reload feature. When you hit ‘reload,’ a circular interface appears. If you hit it just right, your weapon loads much faster. But be precise; if you don’t hit the mark, your gun will jam.
- Six Unique Arenas
- Up to 20 contestants can battle on each episode in one of two game modes: Team Deathmatch or Dominion.
- Players have access to hundreds of items to customize their characters and style, earning boosts and experience points in the in-game Style system.
- Thousands of potential combinations per weapon from silencers and muzzle brakes to scopes, stocks and more allow players to fine-tune their weapon. Additionally, weapons decals and paint jobs will provide personalization.
- In-game progression is rewarded through play; the more Heat, the more fans. The more fans, the more players level up their Fame. Taunt, slay, and humiliate opponents, increasing Heat and unlocking new skills and weapons.
- Gain access to unique items and weapons as your character advances to new levels of fame (experience); you can also earn in-game currency to help improve and learn new skills.
- A Nemesis System to identify the contestant constantly blocking your path to stardom; Taunt System with custom animations to help pump up the crowd; Quickplay option; Reload minigame, and more.