Today we learned of an interesting study released by Playnomics, a company that studies behavior in gaming, which took a look at social gaming. The study focused on how engaged, loyal and intensely gamers played social games and the findings were shocking.
- Almost 95% of all US players in the first part of Q3 were inactive by the end of Q3
- About 85% of US players acquired in Q3 do not return after their first day
- The average amount of time spent playing a social game on Day 1 is about 20 minutes. People that are going to stick to the game play for about 40.
- The average person who comes back for more, play 334% more on their second day from their first (roughly two hours)
- If you spend money on social games, you tend to spend the most on a Friday.
You can read the report at http://www.playnomics.com//news/Q3%20%20report%20v4.pdf
Be sure to discuss this below or in the forums!