Not too long ago we announced that Marvelous USA was a newly unveiled US publisher comprised of Marvelous Online and XSEED Games. Well today Marvelous USA has announced their portfolio of games that they will be highlighting during this years E3 and they certainly do not disappoint by showing off console, handheld, mobile, and online social games.
This is a particularly special E3 for everyone here at Marvelous USA. For the first time we will exhibit the newly combined XSEED and Marvelous brands together under Marvelous USA, and it is the most exciting year we’ve ever had due to our great lineup of console, PC online and mobile games.
– Shinichi Suzuki, President and CEO of Marvelous USA
The full list of games that will be shown are as follows (from the press release):
- KILLER IS DEA – PS3™ / Xbox 360®; Summer 2013 – Created by SUDA51, this highly anticipated original game is set in a not-so-distant alternate future similar to the world we know now. Players control an executioner named Mondo Zappa who wields a Japanese sword in his right hand while utilizing interchangeable weapons in his left artificial arm. His ultimate goal is to execute various heinous criminals scattered around the world and beyond. Completely unique visuals and outstanding stylish action come together to deliver an unprecedented gaming experience in KILLER IS DEAD. The action title is being jointly developed by KADOKAWA GAMES and GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE, with SUDA51 lending his trademark sense of style at the helm.
- Ragnarok Odyssey AC – PS3 / PS Vita; Winter – This new title in the popular Ragnarok Odyssey action RPG franchise brings players cross-platform play between PS3 and Vita as well as rich new content to explore. Developed by Game Arts, Ragnarok Odyssey ACE brings a new Tower of Yggdrasil dungeon that creates random dungeons with different rooms and enemy placement, a new battle system, and a plethora of new items and features. [Note: GungHo Online Entertainment America will publish the game in Europe]
- Rune Factory – Nintendo 3DS™; Summer 2013 – The first game in the Rune Factory simulation/role-playing series to be released on the Nintendo 3DS, Rune Factory 4 adds new romance options, the ability to select a male or female character at the game’s start, and endless crafting, farming and cooking opportunities. As Selphia’s prince or princess, players manage the village, explore the countryside with townsfolk, or tame monsters in the wild to become helpers in battle or in the fields.
- Valhalla Knights – PS Vita; Fall 2013 – The fourth title published by XSEED Games in the popular Valhalla Knights action RPG series, Valhalla Knights 3 features a robust character creation system and brings multiplayer party-based combat to the PS Vita, with a Wi-Fi online option being added to the local ad-hoc option specifically for the North American version. Players can select from one of seven races and one of twenty job classes such as Fighter, Mage, Thief, Priest, Akatoki, or Archer, while also equipping two sub-jobs. Adventure with a custom party or brave the wilds alone while seamlessly engaging in real-time combat and earning skill points for upgrading and unlocking abilities unique to each job class.
- Ys: Memories of Celceta – PS Vita; Fall 2013 – An extensive reimagining of Ys IV, one of the only Ys games never before released in the West, this title puts more enemies on screen than ever before. Ys: Memories of Celceta features the largest, most non-linear overworld in Ys history, boasting superlative graphics and a triumphant evolution of the fast-paced gameplay that has made this series a timeless action RPG mainstay.
Additionally on the mobile side of things, Marvelous Online will be showing off Ninja Warrior for iOS and Android and the action RPG Cross Horizon.