The Game Developer Conference is underway and Sony has given us more details about what to expect concerning the hardware of the PlayStation 4. Check out what is known in the list below.
- 64-bit x86 architecture
- Low power consumption
- Low heat
- 8 cores, HW threads
- 2MiB L2-cache per 4 core group, 32kib I1 I/D-cache
- PlayStation Shader Language
- Similar to HLSL
- Allows featured BEYOND DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.0
- Tessellation, adding geometric detail to smooth edges or create more organic shapes
- 8GB 256 bit GDDR5
- There are no details yet but they said there would be plenty of space available in each console. I would expect at least a Terabyte.
- Windows 7-bit
- Tools are full integrated into Visual Studio 2010 and 2012