At long last, the Playstation Vita is ready to come out, but you may ask yourself “What games should I get?” Well have no fear, NGN is here to give you the scoop on what games you should pick up. There are plenty of games to choose from, but we will narrow the list down for you, so you can get the most out of your purchase. Let’s get into it with our first choice!
5. Resistance: Burning Skies – Sure this game comes out about a month and a half outside of the launch window, but it is still going to be one of the better games available in the launch window. This game will continue the resistance franchise and bring Vita gamers a brand new first person shooter adventure. This game is going to look and feel great especially since it takes advantage of the Vita’s dual thumbstick design and touch controls. This will be something to get excited over.
4. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Fighting fans will get plenty of choices between Blazblue, Streetfighter X Tekken and Mortal Kombat, and though I am tempted to put Mortal Kombat in this slot, it is hard to ignore an already awesome game. Sure you can play this game right now on the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360, but now you can take your game on the go and play it in full HD quality. Did we mention that this game will be able to communicate with your PS3? You’ll also be able to move unlocked characters and content between systems?
3. Touch my Katamari – For those that didn’t get a chance to play the Katamari series yet should give it a try. Then you’ll know why this title is a game that you should strongly consider picking up. With a brand new control scheme, utilization of touch controls and a fresh, HD look this game is going to be lots of fun. Throw in the classic gameplay we all know, and love and you got yourself something you need to buy now.
2. LittleBigPlanet – This is one of Playstation’s hallmark franchises, but there is more to this game than what we are used to on the consoles. This title will utilize the touch controls which will give this game a whole new dimension of gameplay and creativity. This game will include a new campaign, new level creation tools and full connectivity to LBP on the Playstation Network allowing you to access your created levels on the PS3 or use your Vita to play your PS3 levels. If you are a fan of the series or you love creating levels and games on your own, you won’t want to miss this.
1. Uncharted: Golden Abyss – Did you doubt that we’d pick this title as the number one game to get? Arguably one of Playstation’s most popular franchises, Uncharted is back with an all new adventure for the PS Vita. Not only will we get a brand new adventure but the game will utilize a new control scheme that uses the touch controls. All the original voice actors are back, so you know you can expect a movie like experience in a handheld game. Few games have been able to sell the movie experience, but if anyone can do it, it is the Uncharted series and that is why you need this game.