5. Resident Evil VII – I know it’s kind of strange to be talking about a Resident Evil game as one of the best games on the PlayStation 4, but the hype is real on this one. The developers took an overly action-orientated horror hybrid and took the game way back to what made this game great to begin with, survival horror. The Resident Evil games were made famous this way and it is what made it great again. It’s a wonderfully crafted horror game and definitely one of the best horror games on the system.
4. Bloodborne – Now we realize that not everyone is a fan of this kind of RPG. The game is hard as nails, can be awfully confusion most of the time and it drops you off in the middle of nowhere with little to find your way. However, if you can get past these obstacles, you’ll find one of the best gaming worlds out there. The twisted looking creatures, the horror setting and solid game play are only some of the awesome things you can expect from this gem. If you haven’t played it yet, you need to get your hands on a copy as soon as you can.
3. Fallout 4 – This long awaited RPG took everything that made Fallout 3 a masterpiece and added more content and gaming systems than you could shake a stick at. There is so much to do here and there are so many game-within-a-games that if you got tired of the main campaign, there are at least 4 other games here that are just as good and compelling as the main game is. Most other titles get lost when they add other genres to their games, but Fallout 4 manages to get the perfect mix of open world and RPG plus extras.
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn – This game came out of nowhere, but it was quickly regarded as one of the best games on the system, but how did it get there? Well, it combines an interesting story that leaves you wanting to play just a little more to get to the next cut scene, the controls and game play are rock solid and we have a veteran studio that made amazing games for the PlayStation platform before. This game is hard to describe, but just take our word for it and get lost in this masterpiece.
1. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End – It was a sad moment to see Nathan Drake sail off into the sunset, but at least he left an incredible legacy in his wake. This game is as close to an interactive movie as we’ve ever seen. The game looks absolutely incredible, the story is personal and touching and the action is second to none. It really is the penultimate experience on the PlayStation 4 and will surely stand as the best game on the system. It hits all the right chords and it surely worthy of the top prize.
If you didn’t see one of your favorites, you should know we chose games that premiered on the PlayStation 4 and excluded games that may have premiered on the PlayStation 3 or other systems. Just sayin’.