The PSP is currently the most powerful handheld system available and that should be no surprise with Playstation 2 caliber graphics and an extensive library of games. Recently the console has become a haven for RPGs so if you like that genre, this system is definitely for you. With thousands of games to choose from, which ones are best? Keep reading to find out.
5. Dissidia: Final Fantasy – This game is a spin off of the famous Final Fantasy series and it is one of the most unique and fun games to play. It is basically a fighting game in which you choose which hero you want to play as whether that is Cloud from Final Fantasy VII or Yuna from Final Fantasy X and you face off in a 3D environment. You can move around the level freely but you must be within a certain distance to attack your opponent. It takes some getting used to but its definitely one of the better games out there for the PSP.
4. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable – This version of Persona 3 successfully streamlines the other version of this game and it successfully manages to make this title more accessible to everyone. There is a deep story to uncover here and now with an added female character, you have a fresh new perspective on the story. It is one of the best RPGs on the system and a must play for anyone with a PSP nearby.
3. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker – This Metal Gear Solid game is packed with content and is guaranteed to satisfy the gamers appetite for great games. The story is excellent with tons of production value and it manages to grab you by the shoulders and not let you go. Whether you are just running around or battling one of the many intense bosses you’ll be sure to enjoy this instant classic.
2. Patapon – Who knew to expect so much fun from a rhythm game but Patapon manages to break convention for the genre. This game is super addictive and there is plenty to unlock and discover as you control your army of patapons. The controls are easy to learn and could be played and enjoyed by just about everyone. I promise that within an hour of playing the game you’ll be humming along to the beat of game “pata-pata-pata-pon”.
1. God of War: Ghost of Sparta – Few games manage to recreate success like the God of War franchise and Ghost of Sparta is no exception. There is a great story, great controls and even a few puzzles thrown in for good measure. You’d be hard pressed to find a game better than a God of War game in general and as you would expect this God of War game is the best the system has to offer.