It is now time for Asia’s largest trade show for the video game industry and the final leg of the big 3 game conferences. As you would expect Japanese game publishers are pouring out announcements by the hand full and there are a lot of exciting announcements and products coming to a store near you. So let’s take a look at our top 5 announcements so far.
5. Street Fighter X Tekken character info - As you would expect Capcom and Namco opened the flood gates and gave everyone lots of screen shots, character announcements and game play footage. You name it, you got it as far as reveals are concerned. Honestly the game looks good and I really liked that two different gaming companies came together and made a game with the best of both companies taking the stage. We are all in for a fighting game treat come 2012 when this will be released to the public and hopefully we’ll get to see Tekken vs Street Fighter soon!
4. Codename D gets a name and details - Direct from Grasshopper and Suda 51 comes details on the project formerly known as Codename D. We learn that the game is called Diabolical Pitch and it is a Kinect only game. The game takes place in a twisted amusement park and your enemies are humanoid creatures with giant animal heads. To defeat your enemies you must pitch flaming baseballs at them. It is definitely a Suda game and for any grasshopper fans, this should not disappoint.
3. Ninja Gaiden 3 Walkthrough - There hasn’t been a ton of press on Ninja Gaiden 3 but from what we can see this is going to be an intense game. Lots of action and the continuation of the original story should give players plenty of incentive to look more into this title. The graphics have been bumped up from previous installments including the sigma series and should push consoles to their limits. I don’t know about you but this game looks amazing and has found its way up our list as one of the most anticipated games of 2012.
2. All the New Playstation Vida Titles - We knew this was coming but boy are software companies on board to support this new handheld device coming at the end of the year. From storied francises such as Lumines, Ridge Racer, Uncharted and Littlebigplanet it seems like Vida announcements are coming from every manufacturer. This just further cements our initial impressions of this device and it is clear that this is a must buy for any handheld gamer. This is not going to suffer from a lack of software support like the 3DS did and you’ll have a slew of games to play when it is released. I would say it is time to pre-order a Vida.
1. Resident Evil 6 - After an extended development cycle Capcom has confirmed that Resident Evil 6 is in production and they even shared a trailer with everyone at their booth. Most people remember Resident Evil 5 came out in March of 2009 and received generally favorable reviews. This installment appears to take place in a more urban setting which is a stark contrast to Resident Evil 4 and 5 which were less urban and more industrial. Either way this is a very exciting announcement for one of the greatest video game series out there today. With all the extra time it took to develop and test, this should be one heck of a game.