Without further ado here are the top 5 Moments from E3 2011
5. Hitman: Absolution – It’s been a long wait for fans of the stealth series Hitman (5 years to be exact), and the first release on the PS3 doesn’t look to disappoint. We did see some early gameplay and the series looks as grisly as ever. In the gameplay we saw Agent 47 skulking around the shadows and break a stone bust over a guard’s head. He also, shimmies across a ledge and pulls another guard off of it. There’s also a hostage situation and a standoff.
4. Tomb Raider – The new tomb raider looks absolutely incredible. Without a doubt, the graphics are the best in the series to date. Tomb Raider looks a lot darker than any of the previous games in the series. It has more of a “survival horror” feel to it than an action game. The latest installment in the series will be an origins story and will be released sometime in 2012. If you go to www.tombraider.com there is a trailer to whet your palette.
3. Uncharted 3 – Uncharted 3 looked awesome at this year’s E3. The demo we saw featured an escape from a sinking ship. As Drake escapes from the ship, he’ll have to fight and shoot his way past enemies all the while. One thing I liked during the demo was stealing weapons from enemies as you’re fighting them. Nice touch! Uncharted 3 will also have a huge multiplayer mode and a beta will be available later this month.
2. Twisted Metal – Finally, the Twisted Metal franchise makes an appearance on the PS3. This was probably one of my favorite games from the original playstation. It’s basically driving and gunplay. Simple concept, yet very entertaining. This time around characters are not locked into cars. Additionally, the game allows for some pretty interesting co-ops. For example, Talon (the series first helicopter) can pick up cars with a cable and fly through the air. Also, darkside can take a car in the trailer and has gun turrets on its roof.
1. Batman Arkham City – Batman Arkham City takes our top spot! The demo started off with us trying to save Catwoman from Two Face. Batman navigates Gotham City by gliding from rooftop to rooftop and using his grappling hook to scale buildings. Finally, once Batman gets to Two Face’s hideout he easily beats up a gang of thugs with a dizzying array of combos and new moves.
That’s it for our E3 countdown! We’re looking forward to a whole lot of new titles year! Hope you are too!