Infamous 2 will be released on June 7th. That’s right around the corner! With all the anticipation and hype surrounding the sequel we rated the top 5 features we’re looking forward to in the sequel.
5. Graphics – Based on the trailers the graphics look amazing. Environments are colorful and detailed, and the enemies are huge! In particular the behemoth looks epic. It’s as tall as some buildings. The battle looks action packed with very little slow down. Also, the new powers are both deadly and beautifully animated. Speaking of powers…
4. New Powers – New game, new powers. Confirmed powers in Infamous 2 include the ability to freeze enemies, summon a tornado, and an increased focus on Melee attacks. Some of the Melees look pretty painful. In particular, knocking an enemy up in the air then swinging a lead pipe right into the enemy’s back. Ouch. Additionally, powers such as rockets will allow you to configure speed and strength making the rockets more adaptable to your current situation.
3. New City / New levels – One new stage that has been confirmed is Flood town. As you’ve probably guessed it’s a town flooded by water. As opposed to Empire City, Flood town is more flat, and thus plays differently. Features that have been confirmed in Flood town include break away bridges and water everywhere. I expect it will be pretty easy to electrocute enemies. I really can’t say enough about interactive game environments. They add spontaneity and excitement to games. Additionally, no two gaming experiences will be identical.
2. New Side Missions – Two confirmed missions for Infamous 2 are “Hearts and Lions” and “Fooling the Rebels”. At one point in Infamous 2 you’ll have to convince a group of rebels to help you. You can either escort an ambulance full of medical supplies to the rebels (Hearts and Lions) or infiltrate their base, take control of a turret and fire upon them (Fooling the Rebels). I’m excited to what sort of missions Sucker Punch will come up with this time. Additionally, you’ll have to play through the game two separate times to play each mission. I’ll definitely be playing through Infamous 2 multiple times.
1. User generated missions – This is the big one for me. Users will be given a level creator tool and then be able to create their own missions and share them online. The possibilities are endless! I’m pretty excited to see what people will come up with.