If you are an RPG strategy nut or just a big fan of Crusader King II, then Paradox Interactive has some good news to brighten up your day in case you were a San Francisco 49ers fan, or comparatively make your day even better if you are a Ravens fan. A new expansion pack was announced today entitled Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods, which will be adding a number of requested features to the game, including the ability to play as a Pagan or Zoroastrian ruler. Expand your empire through war, pillaging, and merciless slaughter in a world torn by a holy war.
Features from the press release include:
- Religious Turmoil: Restore the Old Gods to prominence through sacrifice and divination, or force the pagans to convert through new missionary missions
- Earlier start: 200 years of more gameplay with the special 867 AD bookmark
- Rebels With a Cause: Rebels are no longer faceless rabble, but led by defined characters with specific agendas
- Adventurers: Watch as landless younger sons and charismatic warriors raise armies
- Pillage and Prosper: Loot provinces and burn cities to the ground – lest your warlike people grow angry during extended peacetime!
- Heathens: Convert them or play as them and survive, reforming your faith to stand the test of time
- Prepared Invasions: Declare your intent to invade a rich target, and watch adventurers and opportunists flock to your banner.
- Unholy UI: A new pagan interface is available alongside all-new events, decisions, and units
While Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods doesn’t have an exact release date yet, it is scheduled for release in Q2, 2013, so you shouldn’t have to wait too long. Check out the concept art and trailer (which is basically the concept art with text) below and let us know what you think.