Snake is silent
- People are defending Silent Snake by claiming the cassette tapes have enough talking to justify it. I like listening to them as much as the next guy, but that doesn’t change the fact at an emotional scene, Snake feels completely absent. A whole conversation will be going on and Snake will just give a look, or maybe a hand on a shoulder. I’m actually shocked hearing him speak in the game at all. It makes the game feel like it’s missing something since Big Boss was so vocal in previous games.
Kaz doesn’t shut up
- Sadly, Kaz is more than happy to blab about nothing to make up for Silent Snake. Every time I fulton someone you don’t have to say something, Kaz. Yes, Kaz, I’m taking everyone in this damn village including all the mortars, machine guns, and vehicles. Deal with it. You have to assign the people, you have to put them in their proper place, and you better be ready for when I start sending animals your way too. Hearing you speak constantly isn’t necessary and it’s distracting.
People talk over cassette tapes
- Speaking of which, having someone speaking over my cassette tapes makes it annoying to play them whenever I’m trying to do anything. I understand not playing them during a main mission, but on a side-op, I don’t need Kaz or Ocelot feeling lonely at Mother Base and contacting me over nothing. At the very least, I really wish the cassette tape just paused when someone spoke, then picked up where I left off. It would be that simple to make it much more enjoyable.
Can’t have the heli fly from to different LZs
- Every time I’m doing side ops and see another op across the map, I always wish I could hop in my Heli and fly over there without going back to my ACC. I know you can fast travel with boxes, but unless it’s just me, I barely find those mail platforms to do that. You can move around on Mother Base by selecting different LZs, I just wish I could do that in the overall map as well. That way I wouldn’t always have to go back to my ACC and redeploy.
Credits roll before the mission
- Plain and simple, this spoils what’s about to happen. Every time I see “Guest Staring Skull Face” I fully expect to see the crazy skeleton man. This goes for any unit or character. It’s strange this pops up before every mission, afterwards would have been fine, but for right now, I can’t even look at the screen when I am flying out to my objective. It’s not major, but it still annoys me.